Motorist tend to replace their car batteries when it’s dead?
Honestly, I’m one of them, I prefer calling out battery deliveries than doing something I’m not familiar with. Studies shows that 3 car breakdowns/day is cause by premature deeply discharged batteries….Why?
Because, only few people routinely charge their own car batteries at home! In fact, Chargers are not even a part of their list of tools…This is the biggest mistake of every car owners do today…!
The MXS 5.0 offers a unique eight step approach to battery care. Fully automatic microprocessor controlled charger with built-in automatic temperature sensor features a unique combination of advanced charging modes and makes the new MXS 5.0 the fastest, most effective and versatile consumer charger CTEK has ever made. The MXS 5.0 features capabilities for improved charging in all weather. It is the perfect charger for the user with multiple vehicle types and higher demand battery charging and maintenance requirements. Provides an outstanding charging experience! (For more details)
Have you ever experience battery failures? (SOURCE: Ctek.com)
Battery failure is always considered the number one reason for car breakdowns around the world. As a result, car owners are often paying unnecessary additional charges and, more expensively, for replacement batteries.
With modern cars full of complexity and monitored by sensitive electrical equipment that constantly draws current from the battery, an ever increasing number of mechanical faults from new and older vehicles alike are battery related. But the expense and inconvenience of battery failure could be heavily reduced by regular battery maintenance.
CTEK’s unique range of smart chargers optimize the performance of lead-acid batteries through accurate readings of a battery’s charge levels, then ensuring the appropriate action is taken so the battery is always ready for use.
All CTEK chargers go through a number of stages to charge, condition and maintain the battery. This extends the battery’s life and eliminates the problem of battery failure. More importantly, it makes sure that vehicles start first time, every time and the problem of battery failure is eliminated.
Our chargers are easy to connect, spark proof and reverse polarity protected, so you can use them unsupervised and there’s no need to even disconnect it from the battery – simply ‘plug and play’ and the charger will do the rest.
Finding the right car battery charger for you
A car battery charger shouldn´t just be taking up space in your garage or only used when your vehicle won´t start. Your battery should be cared for like any other part of your car and using the right battery charger can help you do this.
All batteries need charging from time to time and CTEK´s wide range of chargers are suitable for conditioning, charging and maintaining all types of lead-acid batteries. A 12V car battery charger is likely to meet your needs and there are quite a few to choose from.
A smart car battery charger doesn’t just charge, it also performs other functions, such as reconditioning to prolong the life of the battery and keep it in optimum condition. A CTEK smart battery charger will give your battery a new lease of life, for example if sulphur has built up on the plates inside the battery, or if it’s suffering from discharge because of infrequent or short journey use,
- MXS 3.8 – One of CTEK´s entry level models, it provides all round charging through a 7-step charging cycle that includes a desulphation feature and maintenance charging.
- MXS 5.0 – A state-of-the-art 8-step charger with a special reconditioning function. It also features battery diagnosis so you know the state of your battery’s charge and whether it can hold its charge properly. As with all CTEK chargers, it has an optimized charging mode for when more power is needed during cold weather.
- MXS 7.0 – A great universal charger with slightly more power, including a battery capacity of 14-150Ah up to 225Ah for maintenance. This is an 8-step charger with a power supply mode so the battery can be disconnected without losing or damaging the vehicle’s important electronic configurations. (These are just three of CTEK´s smart battery chargers.)
Connect and Forget It : 12V Charger
ADVANCED CHARGING WITH TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION
Automatic charging and maintenance for vehicle and motorcycle batteries, with reconditioning mode.
The MXS 5.0 is an advanced microprocessor controlled battery charger which gives unrivaled performance for lead-acid batteries from 1.2-110Ah. It comes with automatic temperature compensation built in which ensures the best charging performance, even in the most extreme conditions. The MXS 5.0 also includes battery diagnosis to establish whether your battery can receive and retain a charge, patented automatic desulphation program, an AGM option that maximizes the performance life of most Stop/Start batteries and a special Recond mode for reconditioning deeply discharged batteries. The MXS 5.0 uses CTEK’s patented float/pulse system, which is the most efficient maintenance mode when a battery is connected for long periods.
- STEP 1 DESULPHATION: Pulsing voltage removes sulphates from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery capacity.
- STEP 2 SOFT START: Tests if the battery can accept charge. Charging begins if the battery is OK.
- STEP 3 BULK: Charging with maximum current until approximately 80% battery capacity.
- STEP 4 ABSORPTION, BATTERY READY TO USE: Charging with declining current to maximize up to 100 % battery capacity.
- STEP 5 ANALYZE: Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that cannot hold charge may need to be replaced.
- STEP 6 RECOND: Reconditioning function for deeply discharged batteries.
- STEP 7 FLOAT, BATTERY FULLY CHARGED: Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
- STEP 8 PULSE, MAINTENANCE CHARGING: Maintaining the battery at 95–100 % capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.